2020 Port-Promoted Events
- January 17-18, 2020: Cascadia Grains Conference, South Puget Sound Community College
- January 17, 2020: Buyer-Producer Networking Session, Thurston EDC
- March 17, 2020: Buyer-Producer Networking Session, Thurston EDC
- May 2, 2020: Dragon Boat Festival, CANCELLED
- May 19, 2020: National Geographic Live: Pink Boots and a Machete: Mireya Mayor, The Washington Center for the Performing Arts
- June 20-21, 2020:
- July 29 - August 2, 2020: Thurston County Fair, Thurston County Fairgrounds
- August 1,2020: Olympia Brew Fest,
- Music on the Plaza, August, 2020:
- August, 2020: Taste of the Market, The Olympia Farmers Market
- September 4-6, 2020: Harbor Days, Percival Landing &
- November 17, 2020: Buyer-Producer Networking Session, Thurston EDC
- November 2020 - January 2021: Oly on Ice, Isthmus Park
The Port of Olympia may provide community advertising and promotion support to qualifying organizations to be used for events and other activities that will positively market the Port and Port businesses, and the Port’s mission to support trade, tourism and economic development. Requests will be made in writing, using the application form, consistent with written procedures developed in accordance with this policy. Funds for community advertising and promotion are included in the annual budget, which is adopted in November. The level of Port participation will be tailored to match the anticipated benefit to the Port.
In order for the activity to be eligible for funding, all of the following must be met:
- Provide prominent advertising or promotion opportunities for the Port.
- Positively markets the Port’s mission to support trade, tourism and economic development.
- Aligns with the Port's mission and promotes the maritime, shipping, aviation, commercial, industrial, or other business of the Port.